Thursday, March 11, 2010

International Sunday

Our church celebrated our fourth annual International Sunday last week. People are encouraged to wear "heritage clothing," so we decked ourselves out in Clan Moffat tartan. 

Dave drew the line on "heritage clothing" at the kilt. We also represented the pale contingent of Mount Level by reading Scripture in German during the service. 


Our friend Deborah took this picture of us entering church. I love that you can see Vivian in the background, because her dress was stunning. I wish I had taken a closer picture of it. 

This year International Sunday was one of the most joyous celebrations of worship that I can remember. The early service had a Scripture reading in German and a sermon on Acts 2 that was fantastic by a Mexican member of our church, Angel Gallardo. The later service had a prayer in Creole from our Haitian member Russell, Scripture reading in Spanish, and music in Pele from a visiting choir from Liberia. Then Hispanic preacher and professor Rev. Dr. Edgardo Colon-Emeric preached on Revelation 7, and I really thought we might all just praise our way into heaven right there. What a great God, who can take people of every tribe and language and fashion them into His children!

2 comments:

  1. I love international days at church! Hearing all the different languages always remind me of Heaven.
    And you guys look very cool in your clanwear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the garb! And Heather, I have to say you are looking super thin. I no longer believe you when you say the gym's not going well! You are going to beat me hands down by Dave's grad.

    ReplyDelete